Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Mock Interviews


I think the mock job interviews was the best activity we participated in this semester. It was very eye opening. I have been to a few job interview but they were very informal. Having this experience really opened my eyes to how formal a job interview for a teaching position is. 

I loved the question "If you could relive one moment in history, what would it be and why?" I thin the answer to that says a lot about a person and what they believe in. I also liked having to think on my feet about inquiry, direct, and cooperative learning lessons. As each "administrator" played the role of a person advocating for each different kind of lesson, it was interesting to see how whether I actually like that style of teaching or not, I was able to talk about it with positive comments only. 

I also liked that answering the questions really made me evaluate what I think I am going to prefer to do in my future classrooms. I did not like that it was done in groups but I made it work. On top of being nervous, I felt very intimidated by having three other people listen to what I say. By the end of the experience I was definitely glad to have partaken in it. It definitely opened my eyes to what a real interview in the future could be like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment